Hump Day!

Cute chemo boots!

Today, I received my fourth chemotherapy treatment. There are six infusions scheduled, so that means I am over the hump. Hooray!

Because the poison levels are rising with every successive treatment, I am feeling tired, with a little muscle weakness. No metal mouth yet, though. I hope the steroids kick in soon.

I am posting some photos of this trip, so you can see what I've been up to. And also because I'm really too pooped to write any deep thoughts tonight.

That being said, I am blessed. God is faithful. I can feel every prayer coming my way. And I am grateful for the blessings of you in my life.

Ephesians 3:20 (KJV) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.

O.F. Ballew hits the snack bar at CTCA.
Chillin' with Orange Fuzzy.



***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did three 30-minute treadmill workouts last week. I wish I had done four or five, because I gained two pounds in the last three weeks. I think I'm the only person in the world to gain weight on chemo. Ugh!

***

Notable Quote: 

"Darkness cannot put out the light. It can only make God brighter."--Author Unknown

Comments

Anonymous said…
Carol, I don't think you are alone in gaining weight on chemo. My daughter did too but just think of it as your body re-building itself!!
Anonymous said…
Carol, I don't think you are alone in gaining weight on chemo. My daughter did too but just think of it as your body re-building itself!!
Luann, thanks for the comment! I think it's the steroids in my case. The first week after chemo, I don't eat much, but the next two weeks, I make up for it. Ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward