Christmas Eve 2012

Female in Motion, December 23, 2012. I sang O Holy Night at church this morning.


Sarah's fancy artwork! 
I got a call this morning from my doctor's office at Cancer Treatment Centers of America,  in Zion, IL. My white blood cell count is a little elevated, so my Nurse Navigator recommended that I wear a surgical mask if I have to be out and about. You know me...I just can't leave well enough alone, so I had my daughter/artist design some really cool ones. What do you think?

Since my fourth dose of chemotherapy was last week, that means I only have two more treatments: January 7 and 28. I'm so happy and relieved to have this chapter of my life come to an end. Next up will be a month's rest and then radiation, which will be administered in Winfield, KS, close to my home.

Thanks and blessings go out to everyone who has stopped by, called, written or messaged to wish my family and I a merry Christmas. We are grateful to God for His abundant blessings and for all of you who make our lives so very sweet. I don't have to ask Santa for anything this year; my stocking is already full. God bless you!

This time of year can be very difficult for a number of folks, so please remember in your prayers those who are seriously ill, lost their jobs/homes, are away from family, serving our country, suffer mental illness, or recently lost a loved one. As we celebrate Christ's birth, let's extend His love to all those around us who are hurting.

***

Notable Quote:

Matthew 22:37-40 (KJV)
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward