Female in Motion Health Update

I am at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, IL, tonight. I flew in last night, spent all day in the waiting room and appointments. I have a headache, my feet hurt, my burns hurt and I'm exhausted. Man, I hate it when I'm whiny.

The good news is, I'm doing well. As Dr. Citrin put it, I'm one tough woman. He was shocked that I was able to travel so soon after finishing radiation. He took one look at the burns under my arm and prescribed some aloe vera gel with lidocaine and some pain meds to help me sleep.  I will start Arimidex this week, too.

In the bad news department, I am not in any state of mind to write tonight. I have to be up early in the morning to catch a flight home, so I will say good night and God bless each and every one of you: for your prayers, for your support, for being you.

As I promised, I will post the piece I've been working on very soon. Thanks for understanding.

***

Notable Quote: 

"John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.




Comments

So glad you are getting some relief. Get some rest tonight.
Many thanks, Donna and Nancy, for your comments and support. I am greatly blessed!
Ginny Marie said…
I'll pray that the Arimidex does its job, and you do not have too many side effects! Glad you are "one tough woman!"
So happy to hear you are doing well Carol! Take good care of yourself and I will continue to pray..what a hard thing to go through.. <3
Thanks so much, Ginny Marie and Shari Lynne! I am taking fish oil to combat hot flashes and CoQ10 to fight muscle and joint pan that are possible side effects with Arimidex. Sometimes, going through tough things is a great way to get closer to God and others. It is for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward