Germaphobe



Go to the bathroom.
Wash my hands.
Fix breakfast.
Wash my hands.
Feed the cats.
Wash my hands.
Shake hands at church.
Wash my hands.

It's all I do. Every day. It seems like I just can't get my hands, or my house, clean enough. Clorox and Lysol are my weapons of war. I keep Purel and disinfectant wipes in my purse and backpack and every room in the house. 

Since beginning chemotherapy in October, I've been advised to stay healthy and keep away from folks who are sick. I've always been a bit of a germaphobe. Never would I dream of using the pen the clerk hands you at the store or restaurant to sign a receipt.

While I'm doing everything I can to keep from catching a nasty bug, I know that I can never be clean enough to enter Heaven on my own merits.

1 John 1:7 (KJV) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 

The blood Jesus shed on the cross was the payment for all our sins. For me, that was a lot! It's such a relief to know I don't have to do anything, just let His blood do the work. 

***

Health Update: I had my third of six chemotherapy treatments at CTCA--Chicago last Monday. This one hit me a little harder and I had to spend a couple of days in bed from fatigue. I'm feeling as normal as I get this week, so thanks for all the prayers. Next dose is Monday, December 17th.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did two 15-minute treadmill workouts last week, on Friday and Saturday, after I started feeling better.

***

Notable Quote:

"A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ."--John Steinbeck


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward