You Are Not Alone

Last week, I traveled to Cancer Treatment Centers of America to receive my second chemotherapy treatment. I was alone, but I was not lonely. You see, whenever I'm by myself, I carry with me the prayers of all the people who care about me and the love of my Savior. That's quite a crowd!

Whenever isolation is depicted in the Bible, it represents separation from God. Think: Jonah in the whale's belly, the Wild Man of Gadara, or the leper that was cast out of the camp. We don't have to be alone ever again, once we accept the love of Christ and His gift of salvation. What can you do when those lonely thoughts cloud your heart? Here are some Scriptural promises to hang onto.

Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)  I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 


Revelation 3:20 If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Proverbs 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

***

Health Update: I had my second chemo treatment last Wednesday at CTCA. I spent the weekend in my pjs, napping and resting. Felt good to catch up on some reading.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 25-minute treadmill workouts last week. My doctor is particularly impressed with my attitude and blood test results. He said regular exercise helps keep chemo side effects at a minimum. I'm all for that!

***

Notable Quote:

"True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment."--William Penn




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward