My Way or His Will?

Luke 22:42 (KJV) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.


Growing up, our family's pet was a Boston terrier named Bootsy. Most of the time, he was a perfect gentleman...until you let him get a hold of the end of a rope or rag. Bootsy's jaws would lock onto that thing and never let go. He was one determined doggie. 

Do I want God to wrestle control from my clenched hands, or do I want to hand the reins over to Him willingly?


Get closer to God. The better you know Him, the more you trust Him. And the more you trust Him, the easier it is to give up control. Developing a relationship, a friendship with the Savior, will reap long-term (eternal!) rewards.


***


Thanks to everyone who purchased Tupperware during my Relay For Life fundraiser last month. Because of your generosity, I have a check for $66.60 to send to the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life. Hooray for cancer fighters!


***


Notable Quote:


"The Person of Christ is to me the surest as well as the most sacred of all facts; as certain as my own personal existence; yea, even more so: for Christ lives in me, and He is the only valuable part of my existence. I am nothing without my Savior; I am all with Him, and would not exchange Him for the whole world."--Philip Schaff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward