High Anxiety

1 Timothy 1:15 (KJV) This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

This blog post is all about me.

Just in case you start thinking I'm trying to get all "preachy" on you, I wanted to make you understand. The following is a lesson for myself.

1 Peter 5:7 (KJV) Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Sometimes, it seems I am carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. And then I remember, that's not my responsibility. It belongs to God.

Jeremiah 10:23 (KJV) O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

There are nights, as I struggle to fall asleep, that my brain recites a litany of failures and worries. And yet, my last resort is prayer. I know that my Heavenly Father is able to meet all my needs, why don't I have more faith in Him?

Proverbs 3:6 (KJV)  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I asked God to give me fresh eyes...to look at my life in a new way. To see what I have, not what I am lacking. He has granted my request. And slowly, ever so slowly, I am recognizing what was before me all the time. And realizing, that with my life in God's Hands, there's no need to fear.

***

Notable Quote:

"It is impossible for that man to despair who remembers that his Helper is omnipotent.--Jeremy Taylor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward