Let's Hit the Reset Button!

Female in Motion needs a do-over!
All that stuff I said last week, about choosing joy and how it's up to us how we handle hard times? Well, I need to take a huge dose of it this week. I'm hanging on by a thread, friends.

Some days, the stormy seas of life feel a whole lot like a hurricane, and you're soaked to the skin inside your slicker and galoshes.

Once a year, we get to make a fresh start. All the bad times, poor choices, heartaches...they're all washed away. No sense in feeling guilty and letting negative thoughts flood your boat. It's time to batten down the hatches and hang on to the solid Rock. I'm going to work on positive thoughts, plenty of rest and prayer, Bible study and counting my blessings. Here's the ones I'm thinking of first:

I am not alone.
God is enough.
I don't have to be perfect.
God is forgiving.
I am abundantly blessed.
God is gracious.

The secret is not to try harder, but to lean on God even more than before. It's time to start the new year with a new heart. Accept His blessings. Hit the reset button, and I'll try to do the same.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I am getting plenty of rest (7-8 hours per night), but feel exhausted most of the time. Stress is getting me down, so I'm fighting back. I'll keep you posted.

***

Notable Quote:

 "Trouble and perplexity drive us to prayer, and prayer driveth away trouble and perplexity."--Philip Melanchthon

Comments

I pray for energy and renewal for you my friend. Remember to sleep 7-8 hours a night but also rest some during the day. My verse for you is this: Lamentations 3:22, 23, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness."
What a perfect Bible verse to meditate on in the new year. Thanks, Nancy! I'm going to post that one all over the house. God bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward