Christmas Gifts From God: A Partner


Female in Motion and The Hubster have been married for 32 years.
Marriage is made up of moments. The Hubster and I have many, beginning when we met in November 1980. I'd never met anyone quite like him: smart, worldly, kind. He was a man, and made me aspire to be a woman. He took me seriously; no one ever had before. It was different.

The moments Steve spent talking with me late at night after we married, even when he had to be up at 5 a.m., are precious to me. They helped ignite my passion for a personal relationship with Jesus. Satan attacked hard at that time. We fought big; we loved big; we learned to relate.

The moment Steve stopped the car when he saw a large white bird standing in the roadway, I knew the Hand of God was upon our lives. He gave him divine protection from the other speeding car that day, and many more since.

The moment he stood on Main Street and blew kisses at me as I drove by, my heart melted. Steve has never been afraid to publicly show his love for me.

The moment he shaved his head when all my hair fell out from chemo, I knew he was in my corner. Steve gets what "in sickness and in health" means. He is by my side.

The moment I saw him waiting for me at the Wichita airport after I had been delayed 15 hours in Chicago, he was the best thing I'd ever seen. It was 3 a.m., and he was the only one there.



The moment I open my big mouth and say something crazy or outrageous, and he gives me the look. The Hubster has a file of all the silly things I do. He's gathering evidence to put me in a home, I think. And still, he puts up with me.

All those moments in my life, The Hubster has been by my side, loving me, helping me, putting up with me. I am grateful to God for all the moments I have to spend with him.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: We spent the weekend in Dallas with all four of our kids, and even though we ate a lot, I didn't gain any weight. We did a lot of walking around that big hotel. My port removal surgery is this Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

***

Notable Quote:




Ruth 2:13 (KJV) Then she said, Let me find favour in thy sight, my lord; for that thou hast comforted me, and for that thou hast spoken friendly unto thine handmaid, though I be not like unto one of thine handmaidens.  





Comments

Ginny Marie said…
What a wonderful love story!

P.S. I bet you're looking forward to having your port removed. yay!
Thanks for the comment, Ginny Marie! Yes, I'm looking forward to closing this chapter in the story of my life.
You are so blessed to have such a loving husband! And to have the port, that last remnant of cancer, gone! Yay!
This is such a sweet post. Made me smile! Thank you for that on such a rotten day on my end.

Congrats on the last bits of your cancer story going away!
Thanks for your encouragement, Nancy and Mayor! The Hubster isn't perfect, but he's perfect for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward