Christmas Gifts From God: A Talent

Are you a pitcher or a glass?
Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV) As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? 

I love words, and I'm not the only one. Writing is my niche; the gift God gave me. Encouragement is my area of expertise. It burns in my heart and head. Do you get that? What makes you get out of bed every morning?

You have gifts, too. Mine was hard to uncover; or maybe I'm just thick. The Savior's plans were better and more fulfilling than any dream or idea I ever had. I gave up control, but received so much more. Can I be willing to serve, even when it's not convenient?

I must be careful not to fall in love with the sound of my own voice, or words. Am I following after God's heart, or mine? Being mindful of their origin makes me even more grateful for the gift. Like the passage in I Samuel 13, I want to be a "(wo)man after God's own heart."

Celebrate our differences. Some of us are pitchers, others are glasses. Maybe you're a plate or a fork! We all have a place at our Father's table. What does it take?


Obedience to God gives you liberty to fly, try new things, explore your gifts.

Boldness to walk forward, even when you can't see the path.

Trust Him...He knows. You just follow.


Stay thirsty for God, friends.

***

Female in Motion Health Update:  The port is gone, folks! Surgery was quick and easy, with such nice hospital staff around me. I am greatly blessed. The weight continues to drop, just a little each month.

***

Notable Quote:


"When I care very little what other people think of me then I’ve suddenly got room to care a lot about other people."—Holley Gerth(one of Female in Motion's heroes)

Comments

I am so thankful you are using your gifts! Keep up the good work.
Thanks, Nancy! I feel like we all have great gifts from God and have a responsibility to share with others. Thanks for being a faithful reader!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward