Christmas Gifts From God: Joy for the Journey

Keep climbing, friends!
Your life circumstances can be great one minute and lousy the next. After getting an attagirl at work, your car breaks down on the way home.  Life pushes a lot of crazy stuff our way. Instead of reacting negatively, we can choose to live calm, not windblown and unruffled, not buffeted.

Last week, as everyone was busy buying the last few Christmas gifts, The Hubster was checking into the local hospital. He has pneumonia, and since his chronic cancer condition depresses his immune system, it was serious.

Admittedly, I was scared. I could have curled into a ball on the floor, but I had things to do. He needed me and I needed him. So I got in there and got things done, with God's help and grace. I had faith that God would see The Hubster through, and I knew the Lord would give me strength to support him.

It's up to us, how we handle life's stormy seas. Next time you find yourself curled in a ball on the floor, say a quick prayer, dry your tears and pull on your galoshes and slicker. You're never alone. Remember Who said, "Peace, be still."?

Life is so quick and precious. Might as well enjoy it. Focus on His grace. God will grant you joy for the journey.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: My focus this week is on keeping The Hubster healthy and having a merry little Christmas.

***

Notable Quote:

Job 41:22 (KJV) In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward