Beginnings and Endings

Lap quilt given to me by Donnis Whaley, a church friend.




I finished my chemotherapy treatment last week. It feels like a major milestone in my life. January has been full of big changes. The fatigue that set in during the last two chemo doses has been epic, but I can feel the prayers of God's saints washing over me...bidding me to stay strong. So I will.

Change is hard for anyone. I am glad to be done with chemo, and ready to start radiation the end of the month. The future is uncertain. Will I be cancer free? Will I be able to work? There's only one answer to all the questions in my heart.

Jesus.

Proverbs 3:5 (KJV)
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Getting freaked out will get me nowhere. So, I will trust in Him. He already has a great plan in place. He's never let me down. Give me Jesus.


***

Female in Motion Health Update: I finished my last dose of chemo last Monday. I will begin radiation in two weeks. I'm feeling pretty good, except for the killer fatigue. This time, it has affected my concentration and creative abilities, so I'm hoping for a quick return to strength.

***

Notable Quote:

"In God we trust, all others we virus scan." --Author Unknown



Comments

Ginny Marie said…
Beautiful quilt! I love the Bible verses scattered throughout.
My friend, Donnis, decorates our church with beautiful Scripture on quilts. It's amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward