Still Alive With Number 5!

My sweet infusion nurse, Therese, took this picture for me. I love this place!
 I received chemotherapy treatment #5 this afternoon. Ordinarily, I would feel strong and hopeful, but tonight, besides being tired, I am homesick. You see, my uncle succumbed to cancer last week, and tomorrow is his funeral. My relatives are all gathered together, and I am not able to be with them. Family is very important to me, and I just want to be there with them, holding hands and doling out hugs and Kleenex.

 This is where I am supposed to be, moving forward...getting stronger. My family wants me to do everything I can to kick this cancer. I want to help them, but I have to help myself first. When I fly back and forth to Chicago every three weeks, the flight attendant goes over the safety precautions. When they talk about the oxygen mask, they instruct adults to put on their mask first, then help children with theirs. This reminds me that I need to get healthy first, before I can minister to anyone else.

To that end, I ate some really delicious, healthy food at the hospital today. Oatmeal with raisins for breakfast, yummy salad, black-eyed peas, rice and flank steak with mushrooms, red peppers and onions for lunch (pictured above), and Cornish hen in Pinot Noir sauce with wild rice and broccoli for dinner. Yep, I'm spoiled!

***

Female in Motion Health Update: Did you notice anything different in the top photo? No mask!!! This morning, my bloodwork had improved enough that my doctor told me I could stop wearing them. I did get a little bad news...I'm going to lose my fingernails, and probably a few toenails, too. It's temporary. They grow back.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did one 15-minute treadmill workout last week. It was an experiment. It wore me out every bit as much as a 30-minute workout. I'm going to try and keep it up, though. I can use the stamina.

***

Notable Quote:

Joshua 1:7 KJV Only be thou strong and very courageous , that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest .

Comments

Alida Sharp said…
Just found your blog from a mention of you on Marla's Lemonade Stand. Blessings to you and I will be keeping you in my prayers.

<3 Alida
Thanks so much, Alida! I will find your blog as well and keep up with you. Joy and blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward