One With Christ

Last week, I blogged about the power and intimacy of prayer. This subject seemed to resonate with many of you (and me!), so I will continue on this subject for another couple of weeks. Today, I'm focusing on intimacy with Christ.

James 4:8a (KJV) Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you.

An intimate relationship with God is what most Christians want...and need. However, the possibility of a real and true friendship with our Heavenly Father can only be achieved through a personal relationship with Christ. A salvation experience. When you ask God to forgive your sins and come to live in your heart, it changes you. In II Corinthians 5:17, the Bible says you become a "new creature."

The key to this new creation is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. He takes up residence in our hearts. Our bodies are Christ's new temple. This is how God communicates with us while we are here on Earth. Once you experience the presence of God, you'll be hungry for more. This intimacy is unlike any other.

Early in my life, I thought God was a cop who pointed out the bad stuff I did; then I threw myself into good works and became exhausted from the effort. I just couldn't do enough to make the guilt go away. Now, I have surrendered my will to His Will. Good works and holiness spring naturally from that deeper relationship.

Become one with Christ. 
Abide in Him, and He will abide in you.

Next week's subject: Building a Christian Community, aka: Intimacy with other Christians

***

Female in Motion Health Update: We did it! You and I, together, finished our chemotherapy treatment today. That's right, Number 6 is in the record books, and Anjie, the infusion nurse at CTCA, helped us celebrate with chocolate cake and a mortarboard pin. So cool!

***

Notable Quote:

"A church in the land without the Spirit is rather a curse than a blessing. If you have not the Spirit of God, Christian worker, remember that you stand in somebody else's way; you are a fruitless tree standing where a fruitful tree might grow."--Charles Spurgeon

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
We have been talking about just this thing during Bible study! We're reading Hebrews and discussing the early church. It is still so relevant to our lives today, and that always amazes me!

Congratulations on your last chemo treatment! God is good!
Hebrews is such a "meaty" book. Glad to hear you found this relevant to your life. Thanks for your prayers, Ginny Marie!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward