Friday Cowboy Face

There's a new sheriff in town...

My father-in-law surprised me with a unique Christmas gift this year...a vintage Stetson hat. Yeehaw! I am having so much fun with it. It reminds me of the days when all the kids in the neighborhood would gather together and sneak off with their mom's brooms (or their dad's rakes), to ride away to a "cattle roundup." We galloped up and down the street, lassoing doggies and singing cowboy tunes.

When you're a child, the future rolls out in front of you like a super-highway, with a million different off-ramps, each one more exciting than the last. You can try on all the hats you want, and be a cowboy, astronaut, flight attendant, traveling nurse, Navy Seal, or just a crazy lady blogger. What hats did you try on?

***

Glorious One, as the New Year spreads out before us, we are filled with hope for blessings and good things. We also are prepared for trials and hard times, because we know that You will be right beside us, every step of the way. Whatever befall me in 2013, Lord, I give it all over to You, and I will deliver to You all the glory. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
Oh, I love it! My problem would be that then I would want cowboy boots to go with my cowboy hat!

Have a wonderful week, Carol! :D
That's not a problem, Ginny Marie, that's an opportunity!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward