Who Me?


Jeremiah 1:6-9 (KJV)
Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.


Jonah ran when God chose him to go preach in Ninevah. Moses said "Who am I?" when God told him to lead His people out of Egypt. God had to strike Paul blind on the road to Amaeus to get his attention. Why did God pick the most implausible subjects? Because He always uses "the least of these."

No one would be surprised if our Heavenly Father chose a great speaker, a brilliant politician, or a charismatic actor to do His Work. God is just not that predictable. In order to point people to God, and not a man or woman, He chose the most unlikely characters. Ordinary people can be used of God, but only if they are willing to surrender all and follow.

Five years ago, my writing dream was dead. I was happy in my office job and wanted to start exercising again. Today, I write daily and just finished my first book. It all started when I gave my life and my ministry over to God. That's all. I simply said "Yes."

Our Savior uses the most reluctant (Jonah), the most shy (Moses), and the most sinful (Paul), to prove He can use anyone. You already have God's seal of approval. Don't say "I can't" when you know God can. When God speaks to you, say "Yes, Lord."

***

This is a big week for Female in Motion. Tomorrow, I will meet with my breast surgeon, Dr. Diane Hunt, to schedule my surgery. I will give you all the details here. I don't want anyone facing breast cancer to wonder what happens. Also this week, on Saturday my mom and I will be VIP's at the Women of Faith One Day event in Wichita. Featured speakers are Sheila Walsh, Ken Davis and Scott MacIntyre. Hope to see you there!


***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did two 30-minute Wii workouts and two 30-minute disco aerobic workouts last week. Starting today, I have upped the yoga and strength training by one more pose each. It's officially kicking my tushie!

***

Notable Quote:

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."--C.S. Lewis

Comments

Bonnie Tharp said…
You are an inspiration, dear lady. Much good luck tomorrow. My prayers and love are with you.

Tell your mom I said HI. -BD

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward