Inside, Outside, Upside Down

As I sat outside on the back steps this morning, my first thought was, "Dang, it's cold!" I had just finished getting fresh water for the outside cats. The Hubster and I call the stray cats that hang around our neighborhood "outside" cats. There are five mostly feral felines feeding at our home twice daily. Not an easy task...to say or do.

Two of these cats, Simon and Lady Cat, are friendly and will sit with me and let me pet them. The other three, Scotchie, Dino and Missy, not so much. They run away when I open the kitchen door. After dark, when the temperatures fall, these kitties sit on the steps and look into the door at my warm home and "inside" cats.

They accept the kindness of the full food and water dishes every day, and they have come to expect this to be a daily occurrence. They return day after day, year after year. We have never shown any aggression or violence toward them, but they still don't trust us. And they don't want to come into the house.

I wonder how much my behavior is like an "outside" cat. God meets all my daily needs and simply wants to sit and fellowship with me. I accept all His many blessings, but can't give up my "wild" ways. When God calls me from the kitchen door, instead of running into His open arms, sometimes I just run in the opposite direction. One day, that door will close forever. I don't want to be stuck outside in the cold, looking into His warm Heavenly abode.

***

Female in Motion Blog Update: Last week's blog entry (Red Bird Mission)caused quite a commotion among my readers. As a result, I decided to send a link of this entry to Red Bird Mission and also submitted it as a devotion manuscript to "Upper Room" magazines. I'll keep you updated as to my writing endeavors.

***

Momala's Book Club: I'm reading former First Lady Laura Bush's autobiography "Spoken From the Heart." Most autobiographies by celebrities are "ghost-written," but this one is not. Regardless of your politics, Mrs. Bush has written a compelling, articulate book about her personal and political life. Three out of five stars.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 30-minute aerobic workouts last week. I keep gaining and losing the same three pounds. Ugh!

***

Notable Quote:

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (KJV)
3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward