Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is upon us! What am I thankful for this year? I am grateful to God for my chaotic life (that I love!), for my health, my family, the best Hubster in the world, a fun job and most of all...for the vision that God has given me to pursue writing as a ministry and not just a fun pastime. Most of all, I want to remember to always be grateful for the abundant blessings I have to enjoy.

***

At the monthly Kansas Writers Association meeting on Saturday, the guest speaker was renowned travel writer (and native Kansan) Rolf Potts. Author of two books, "Vagabonding" and "Marco Polo Didn't Go There," Rolf travels the world and contributes to such publications as National Geographic Traveler, New York Times Magazine, National Public Radio and the Travel Channel. He has walked across Israel, driven a Land Rover from California to Argentina and recently returned from a trip that encompassed 20 countries, six weeks and no luggage! Look up his next adventure at: www.rolfpotts.com.

Some folks would think, "What a fantastic life he must have!" Rolf assured us that it's not all glamour. For every trip he makes sailing around the Greek Isles with bikini-clad women, he spends several frigid weeks in a Mongolian yurt. Still, it would be pretty cool to make your living traveling the world. Here's my list of places I want to visit...someday!

1. Road trip up the California Coast on Highway 101
2. A month on the Amalfi Coast of Italy
3. Stay at the Chateau Lake Louise, Banff, Alberta, Canada
4. Israel
5. A trip on the Trans-Continental Railway across Canada

***

The Cowley County Writers Guild's Book Talk last Thursday night was a blast! We had an SRO crowd and lots of folks lined up to purchase books from local authors. Thanks to all the members that helped and also to all you readers who made it a great night.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four aerobic workouts last week. Got to keep moving...holidays are upon us!

***

Notable Quote:

1 Chronicles 16:34 (KJV)
"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward