You Look Marvelous!

Why can't I accept a compliment? A friend asked me that recently, and I promised to think about it. It's nice to hear someone say, "You look great!," but if it comes from my loved ones, I usually don't believe them. How messed up is that?

Most women like to receive compliments, and we all try hard to look nice, smell nice, etc. I just think my family is saying those things because they feel like they should, not because it's true. If another person (not family) says they like my (fill-in-the-blank), I thank them and change the subject quickly. I should do some serious work on my gratefulness. Note to self: add this to the list of stuff I gotta do on Project Carol!

***

I went to see the Ark City High School's production of "This Must be the Place" on Saturday night. This fast-paced comedy was small, but powerful with great performances. Two stand-outs were Jessica Coldwell, as the karate-chopping momma, and Russell Swanson, playing a bachelor artist, befuddled by circumstances on the night he plans to pop the question to an attractive psychologist, or is it the beautiful young debutante? Funny stuff!

***

Congratulations to my nephew, Ryan, and his lovely bride, Lydia!

***

Exercise update: Three workouts last week. Onward and upward! I brought the hand weights upstairs and have been using them while I watch TV. Change of pace, I think.

***

Quote of the Week:

"Promise me you'll always remember; you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." --Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward