March Came in like a Polar Bear!

Okay, this line is a blatant ripoff from my pastor, Charles Whaley. I just couldn't resist, though. So very true. I hope this will be the last blast of winter. My poor little lilac bush has very chilly baby leaves on it.

This cold spell has given me a chance to work on one of my birthday gifts from The Hubster, a jigsaw puzzle. I really enjoyed them when I was a kid, then moved on to bigger things. When visiting The Hubster's granny in Texas several years ago, I rekindled the romance and haven't been able to get them out of my system. I think it's the order and symmetry of puzzles that speak to me. Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm a maniac and can't leave anything half-done!

THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT RED DRESS

I know it's shallow. The economy is in the tanker, unemployment is at an all-time high, and yet, I still need to find an Easter dress! Maybe because times are so tough, I want to find a pretty dress that's not incredibly expensive. Red is my favorite color, and I would like to get a dress that I could wear year-round. I've done all the online research, so now I'm just going to have to hit some stores.

***

I finished reading Dean Hall's new book, "A Girl's Guide to Psychos, Players, Punks and Pervs." It is an extremely compelling book, chockful of helpful tips and real-life scenarios to help young women to spot a nut a mile away! This is really important information, so I am mentioning it again this week. April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Tell a friend about this book.

***

Quote from Billy Graham:

"It is unnatural for Christianity to be popular."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward