Whistle While You Work

It had to be done. I put it off as long as I could. Actually, I put it off a lot longer than I should. This morning, I cleaned out my desk drawer. Before I go off to join the Ernest Hemingway fan club, let me elaborate.

Sorry, the Ernest Hemingway crack is a bit of a stretch. Hemingway is an author I can't stand. He writes in painfully bare bits of sentences. It drives me crazy! Give me some color, for Pete's sake!

As you may know, I'm a bit of a neat freak, except for my desk. That drawer was appalling! In addition to 18 errant rubber bands, four M & M's, a petrified Reese's peanut butter cup and receipts for the last four years, I also found weekly data entry totals dating back to 2000. Yup, it was about time I had a good clearing out.

***

I found a really cool website last week, it's www.postit.com. The delightful world of Post-It notes. My daughters call me the Post-It Queen, so I was positively pleased as punch with this primo site. There are lots of new products and neat tips to make your home or office more efficient. I know it's weird, but organizational tools make me jazzed.

***

The Hubster and I have found a great new shop in Ark City. It's WB Meats, a butcher shop on South Summit Street. They have a great selection of beef, pork and poultry, with a little wild game mixed in. We've had steaks, pork chops, sausage, chicken and ground beef there, and they are all juicy and delicious. The Hubster and I are pretty picky about food and we think their quality is superior.

***

I received the family reunion photos last weekend from my mom. They came out great! We always hire a professional photographer to take a large group shot, as well as individual family shots. I can't believe she got all of us to look relatively normal at the same time!

Mom is back on the run this weekend. She will be attending the Engineering Scholarship Banquet at the University of Missouri (presenting my dad's memorial scholarship), then on to Olathe to visit my sister, Laurie, and her family, then on to her hometown in Missouri for a Homecoming celebration. I wish I had half her energy and endurance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward