I'm Tardy!

Okay, I realize it is Tuesday morning. And I usually write my weekly blog entry on Monday evening, but I had a pressing engagement. I had dinner with my girlfriends last night at Mozitti's, the Italian place in Ark City. Yum!

You know how ladies are when they get together. We talked and laughed and cried and ate for 2 1/2 hours. Practically closed down the place. Jacque was sick, though, so she couldn't be there. So we just talked about her instead. Ha!

Dionne is suffering through the onset of empty nest syndrome. Her son, Tristan, is studying to be a pilot. (Ask her about Lesson 3) She is also finishing her bachelor's degree. Deanne's son and his wife are moving back to Ark City. He is the new youth pastor at Bible Christian Church. She's more than a little bit excited! Deanne's husband, John, is a candidate for pastor at a church in Ponca City, so between kids, job and church, she's swamped.

We ran into Kasha Kelley, Scott Margolis and their new son, Thatcher, at the restaurant. They were meeting Kasha's parents, Greg and Diana Kelley. The Kelleys are the reason that "The Fantastic Four" are together. Dionne, Jacque, Deanne and I all used to work together at First Intermark, the Kelleys' business. It was great to catch up on their lives.

Something Diana Kelley said to me last night really resonated. She said, "You are blessed." I had told her about what was going on in my life when she said it. Yes, I am blessed. Sometimes we need to hear and absorb that. God spoils me.

***

I bite my fingernails. I have always bitten my fingernails; I don't remember a time when I didn't. However, in the last two years, they are slowly growing out. Maybe I'm learning how to deal with stress better, or just growing up. I want to blame the nails on the new problem that I have.

I can't seem to put on my necklaces any more. You know, the ones with the tiny clasps? Actually, the problem is "old lady eyes." I just can't squint enough to see those small things like necklace clasps and years on pennies. Aging is not for the faint of heart.

***

Budget Travel magazine sent me a newsletter last week with a link to one of my favorite places on earth: the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in Banff, Alberta, Canada. I haven't been there since I was young, but it stayed with me all these years. Take a look, you have to admit, it's one of the most breathtaking views in the world.

http://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Property/CLL/Photos/propertyphotos

***

Happy Anniversary to Female In Motion! I started this blog on Aug. 13, 2007. Can you believe that I've been yakking about nothing for over a year now? Wow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward