Sad Day

This morning, The Hubster and I had to attend the funeral of a 29-year-old man. So very sad! Dustin Cook was the grandson of members of our church, Dean and Bea Richards. He was a very friendly, sweet young man, who fervently loved his 6-year-old son, Gage. Dustin suffered from heart problems. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Mondays are hard anyway, but when you have to attend a funeral first thing, it's tough! The one thing that makes Monday worthwhile...is Monday Night Dinner! Yes, The Hubster spoils me rotten on Mondays. He really puts on the dog. It might be Mexican lasagna, grilled chicken breast with pineapple salsa, or his famous meatloaf. The Hubster knew that tonight I would be needing something extra special, so he made chicken strips. His are so great! Not too greasy, with rice flour and fried in canola oil. He also made my favorite garlic rice pilaf and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Am I in over my head? We'll find out tomorrow night, if I survive! The baby shower I am organizing is taking place tomorrow night. Parties are not my strong suit, so I hope it will all turn out well. I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought all the pink and green stuff I could find. I just hope that this kid gets a lot of loot!

The Hubster and I spent Saturday evening with my mom. We always have a lot of fun together. While The Hubster cleaned out my mom's old computers and installed a new TV and DVD player in her bedroom, Mom and I gabbed our heads off. Yeah, we're pretty good at that. After all that talking, we worked up a big Saturday night appetite, so The Hubster cooked a nice pasta dinner for us. He's a real Renaissance man, don't you think?

Over dinner, we talked about family and our childhoods and our faith, one of our favorite subjects. Mom has really experienced a spiritual awakening since the death of my dear dad. I love comparing favorite scriptures with her, or talking about things we've discovered in our Bible studies. When life backs you up against a wall, you can crumble or you can grab onto God's hand and walk forward, head held high. Mom chose the latter, and I'm so proud of her!

FitZone update: I can now touch the middle of my foot, not just the knot of my shoelace when I stretch. I can hardly wait until I can touch my toes! People at the gym are talking about my progress. I heard Linda talking to another lady the other day, telling her that when I started, I could only do one minute on the stair-stepper and now I can do 20. It's kind of funny to hear others talk about me, but nice that they notice the progress. My goal this week is four trips to FitZone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward