Marathon Weekend

Hey, we survived it! Yes, this last weekend was a doozy! My family hosted my dad's two-day estate auction in Wichita. Dad had a rather unusual hobby after retirement...he collected and traded antique spark plugs. He and Mom had so much fun, traveling all over the country, going to swap meets and auctions and meeting lots of cool people. Dad passed away two years ago from cancer, and after that his collection stayed in storage.

We all knew his collection was pretty big, but we had no idea just how large it was until McCurdy Auction Service researched it. Dad's was one of the largest spark plug collections in the nation, totalling over 80,000! And that doesn't include any of the memorabilia, accessories or manuals. It filled a gigantic warehouse and spilled out into the parking lot, as well.

My mom's a local celebrity now, too. Did you see the article about the auction in the Wichita Eagle local section on Friday, or watch the 10 p.m. news piece by Anita Cochran on KSN Thursday night? She's a champ, my mom! I'm so proud of her. I'll see if I can get her to sign an autograph for you!

I'm sure glad to be home, back to my old routine. Living out of a hotel room for three days is nice, but not relaxing. I missed my own bed and my smelly cats. Nah, they're not that smelly, but I sure did miss them.

I was glad to be able to see my whole family this weekend, too. All my siblings and their families were present. I had several of them mention to me that I looked different. I guess I am starting to lose some weight. I'm happier about the inches I'm losing. That makes me feel better and my clothes fit better. I want to keep it up, though. I still have a long way to go.

No, I don't want to get down to what I weighed in high school. I'm not that 110-pound kid any more. I don't want to be her. She was insecure and headstrong. I want to be a mature, fit woman, less insecure and maybe a little more headstrong!

Sarah gave me some size 16 hand-me-downs while I was in Wichita. Some cute dress pants and blazers. I'm excited about wearing them. Sarah has lost some weight since she went gluten-free. She's healthy and happy now. I'm so proud of her!

We went to a new restaurant in downtown Wichita Thursday night. Saigon is really great, healthy Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese food. I loved the grilled chicken with rice noodles, veggies and peanut sauce, and the spring rolls with cilantro are amazing!

Looking forward to autumn now. I have some cute new clothes to wear, and a sweet Hubster to cuddle up with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward