Apologies

The Hubster says I apologize too much. Maybe I do...but maybe if more people apologized more often, this world would be a nicer place to live.

I made my daughter mad this week. I didn't mean to, and I had the best of intentions, but it happened. Sometimes when you try to spare people's feelings, the end result is that you hurt them. And for that, I am deeply sorry. It is irrelevant that I don't feel like I did anything wrong, what is very relevant is that she is hurt.

How about you? Do you need to apologize to someone? What would it hurt if you just said "I'm so sorry?" It doesn't matter if they were wrong or you were wrong, what matters is that you can do something about it. Go ahead, give it a try!

Apologies are good for the soul, too. You feel so much cleaner and lighter when it's done. Like the moment you step out of a hot bath...renewed. I try to practice what I preach, too. I do apologize often. Maybe I just screw up more than everyone else! It sure does feel good to see the relief on some one's face when you say you're sorry.

New subject: my favorite movies! I have several that I love and most are romantic comedies.

Moonstruck: starring Cher and Nicholas Cage
Only You: with Robert Downey, Jr. and Marisa Tomei
Mixed Nuts: Steve Martin and Rita Wilson
White Christmas: Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney
Rebecca: Sir Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine
Rear Window: Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly

Now, rush to your Netflix queues and fill 'em up! I would love to hear about your favorites and what you think of my picks.

I am working out for 40 minutes per day now. Thirty minutes at circuit training and then 11 1/2 minutes on the elliptical machine. (Math was never my strong suit!) My ultimate goal is 45 minutes per workout, four times per week. My weight loss has leveled off a bit, but I'm not too bummed out. Slow and steady is fine with me.

The soup thing is going well, too. I had a bowl of Campbell's chicken noodle and half a turkey sandwich last Wednesday. It was heaven! Reminds me of all those winter lunches when I was a kid. My mom packed the best lunchbox in town!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward