Holley Gerth is a Genius!


Photo courtesy of HolleyGerth.com

I've said it before, Holley Gerth gets me. Actually, I'm just paranoid enough to think she might be having me followed. Besides being my favorite inspirational writer, Ms. Gerth shares openly about her struggles with infertility, depression, life.

In late March, Holley published a blog post called "7 Amazing Strengths of a Highly Sensitive Person." I have read and re-read this post many times. Each time, I gather new insights into why I am the way I am.

While in therapy more than a decade ago, I learned that I am what is termed an "emotional albino," meaning I am particularly sensitive to others emotions, so much so that I can virtually feel what they are feeling.

After 57 years on this planet, I've become more self-aware. My emotions no longer lead me around by the nose. When you are more tuned in to what your mind and body are doing, it helps.

Above all, I have things to offer this world. My life has value. Yours does, too.

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 37:7 (KJV)
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward