Be An Angel

Photo courtesy of lucep.com
Galatians 6:2 (KJV) Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.



"You're an angel!" she said to me. All I had done was make a phone call to a loved one. "No," I said, "I just love you."

"No," she persisted, "God used you to bless me!"

I didn't think much about what she said, until Sunday morning.

Waking up, I didn't feel well. But since it was Easter, I didn't want to miss church. About mid-way through worship, I had to rush to the bathroom. The Hubster became concerned about my absence and asked two of the ladies in Children's Church to look in on me. These young women ministered to me in such a loving way, I was humbled and honored.

"You two are angels!" I exclaimed. "We just wanted to help," they replied.

And then I understood.

Angels can be anyone--anyone who is willing to be used by God. Hebrews 6:10 assures us that God will remember and reward us when we help others. A quiet word, a simple note or phone call, can make all the difference in someone's life.

Let God use you.

***

Notable Quote:

"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."--Audrey Hepburn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward