Starry, Starry Night

 Be still, and know that I am God.


When The Hubster and I were courting, we would spend hours together. One of our favorite activities was driving outside of the city, laying on the hood of the car and staring up at the star-filled night sky. We held hands, talking of the future, or being silent--simply living in the moment.

Life intervened, with all its busyness. Some days, I ache for that hopeful, quiet feeling again. This is the time when the Lord whispers truths in my ear:

Tomorrow is none of your business.

No is a complete sentence.

Make rest a priority.

When I find myself more and more overextended, I realize I've been listening to my fears, and not my Heavenly Father. He encourages me to allow my life and surroundings to be imperfect.

It's time to make a move toward simplicity.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: Today was my last day at the hospital. It's the end of a chapter in my life that was a big challenge, but I have no regrets. I learned a lot about myself and met some really nice people. They all gathered around to give me hugs when I left, and a cool coffee mug, too!

***

Notable Quote:

"We are too busy to pray, and so we are too busy to have power. We have a great deal of activity, but we accomplish little; many services but few conversions; much machinery but few results."--Reuben Archer Torrey

Comments

I love No is a compete sentence. Can you show off your new coffee mug? What does it say?
I'll post a photo of the coffee mug on my Facebook fan page, Mayor. Thanks for the suggestion and the comment!
"Make rest a priority." Yes.

I miss the simplicity of our newly-married days--when possessions were few and caring for them took an hour on Saturday morning.

Have you read Bonnie Gray's new book, "Finding Spiritual Whitespace?"

(We're neighbors at Holley's today.)
Sandra, thanks for stopping by! I will be sure to look for the book. Thanks for the tip!
Hmmm, "Tomorrow is none of your business." That's such a tough one for me. It's what I'm struggling with right now. Thank you for this!!
Thanks for your comment, Michelle! Believe me, I struggle with worry as well. I only write about issues that I struggle with, so I can share from my heart.
Sarah said…
Those three thoughts are simple and yet so hard to really comprehend! I love the way you put them!
Thanks for reading, Sarah! You have a great blog, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward