Summer of Simplicity: The Beginning

The start of summer reminds me of childhood days spent playing in the backyard, or bike riding, or reading for hours on end. When my daughters were young, we spent summers at the park, library and ice cream parlor. The focus was not filling a day with activities, rather it was spending time together.

I've decided to try something new this summer. After spending the better part of a year working way too many hours and stuffing the rest of my time full of other activities, I've decided to change my tactic.

I'm going simple. 

My goal is to pare down activities, commitments, meetings, and all the rest of that jazz, and simplify my summer. Doing more didn't bring me any peace at all. It further complicated my life. Even more than that, it strained my relationship with the One who loves me more than anyone else.

Weekly blog posts this summer will feature ideas, recipes, memories, Scriptures and failures...all designed to speak to your heart and mine. Sit down on the back porch steps with a glass of lemonade. Let's start summer with a step toward simplicity.

Check out the Pinterest board I started for this project here.  Let me know what you'd like to see on there.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I had a mini panic attack while working last week. I'm convinced now...I need to simplify my life. No work challenge is worth my good health. My physical therapist told me to buy a used bike and start riding last summer. I never did. Better start looking now.

***

Notable Quote:

1 Samuel 25:6 (KJV) And thus shall ye say to him that liveth in prosperity, Peace be both to thee, and peace be to thine house, and peace be unto all that thou hast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward