Summer of Simplicity: Christ's Example

Acts 20:33-35 (KJV) I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel. Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Growing up, my household was lively. Mom, Dad, four kids, a dog and a chameleon named Cleo, all lived in the house on Farmington Drive. There was a lot of noise and activity going on day to day. Some days, I craved a quiet space.

Early on, I would clear out the shoes in the bottom of my closet, make a little nest with a pillow and blanket, close the door and read the day away. In this tiny nook, I found the peace I desired. This location was spartan, but effective. Everything I needed was there.

During Christ's ministry here on earth, He traveled light. With not much more than the clothes on His back, He traveled from town to town, preaching the Word. Do you think Jesus worried about where He would spend the night or where His next meal was coming from?

Our Savior hosted dinner parties and beach side fish fries, gave motivational speeches and healed thousands, all while homeless and destitute. Was He freaked out and trying desperately to find a job?

Nope.

When you are following God's perfect will for your life, and living in the center of His grace, there is indescribable peace.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I have good news from CTCA! Dr. Citrin assured me that I am cancer free. My blood work all came back very good. I am a bit low on my magnesium level, so we will tinker with my supplements a bit. All my doctors, surgeon, dietitian and naturopath were extremely encouraging and told me not to beat myself up about the weight gain; just make slow and steady progress in the other direction.

***

Notable Quote:

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.--Leonardo da Vinci

Comments

Congrats on your good health news! A good thing to remember about traveling light. I think we all need to leave our extra baggage behind and just walk with him.
So true, Sharon! Thanks for your encouragement.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward