Do It Afraid

Esther 4:16 (KJV) Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish. 

Queen Esther's story of courage in the face of crisis is one of my very favorites in the Bible. Let's put it simply--she was a gutsy broad.

Although she began her life in Shushan as the niece of a civil servant, her brains, beauty and sweet spirit drew King Ahasuerus to her and Esther became Queen to the ruler of most of Asia and Africa.

God placed Esther in the palace at the precise time she was needed most. Her people, the Jews, were in peril of being exterminated. Even as Queen, however, Esther was not allowed to approach the King on his throne unless she was summoned. If she disobeyed the rule and came into the presence of the King without his bidding, she would be killed.

What should she do? Instead of fretting and worrying all the what-ifs, Esther got busy and made a plan. After praying for God's guidance, she mobilized the Jews for prayer and fasting. Only then, even though she faced certain death and was scared for her life--she approached the King. Every step forward must have felt like an eternity.

I don't want to live my life paralyzed by fear. When God is for us, who can be against us? Let's move forward.

Do it afraid!

***

Notable Quote:

"Worry never changes things. Prayer does."--Lysa Terkeurst

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward