Listen Up

James 1:19 (KJV) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:


Last Friday, I spoke to a small group of women from my church. My subject was meditating on God's Word and being "still." It is something I have been contemplating recently. How often am I actually quiet?

In a conversation, am I listening simply to reply? Or am I taking in the words that someone is speaking to me? If I want to be perceived as a good listener, a confidante, a trusted friend--I must set aside my agenda and take on Christ's servant heart.

I strive to improve my conversational skills, including listening, so that others will notice something different about me--the influence of my Savior.

***

Notable Quote:

"Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk."--Doug Larson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward