Choose Your Words Carefully


Psalm 34:13 (KJV) Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

This week, I shared an important truth with my Sunday School students--thinking before you speak. Our class contains several sets of siblings and this subject is quite--ahem--timely.

I have begun to lead the group in lessons on basic Christian values, i.e. honesty, compassion, humility, morality, generosity, forgiveness--to name a few.

We use our tongues to lie, accuse and judge others, brag about and exaggerate our accomplishments, and spread gossip. None of these pass the five-question test in the graphic.

My new focus on listening brought about this post. I need practice on this one--I can be a bit snarky at times.

***

Notable Quote:

"Speak less. Listen more."--Mrs. Thorp, my 3rd-grade teacher


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward