Summer of Psalms: Missing My Father

Western Kansas Sunset by Paul Moore
Psalm 116:15 (KJV) Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.


I miss the way he loved his family.
I miss his deep chuckle.
I miss his "Dadisms."
I miss his weekend breakfasts.
I miss sitting on the kitchen floor, eating smoked oysters on crackers with him.
I miss him reading the Sunday funnies to me.
I miss our talks about business management.
I miss how he loved my daughters.
I miss watching him grill steaks and burgers.
I miss cranking homemade ice cream with him.
I miss summer road trips with him.
I miss how he loved my mom.
I miss how he thought I could get geometry if I just relaxed.
I miss catching fish with him and my brother.
I miss how safe he made me feel when I was afraid.

I miss my father.

***

Notable Quote:

"Sorrow makes us all children again--destroys all differences of intellect. The wisest know nothing."--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward