Summer of Psalms: Laugh About It

Courtesy Google Images
Psalm 126:2-3 (KJV) Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. 

Our church is funny. I mean, we like to be together and share jokes. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to throw a pie in some one's face. That doesn't happen in too many small-town Baptist churches.

A sense of humor--it's a personality trait often found at the top of potential mate checklists. I must admit, when I met the Hubster, that was a major plus. That, and the fact that his kisses made me weak in the knees (still do!).

I love to laugh. Finding humor in hard situations has helped me keep my sanity through some difficult seasons. Laughter is an emotional release; like a pressure cooker.

One of my favorite things to do is laugh at myself. I have plenty of opportunities. Whether a pratfall or a slip of the lip, the giggle fodder is thick.

Some Christians seem so serious all the time. They rarely crack a smile. I know God has a good sense of humor. Just look at the duck-billed platypus.

Our Heavenly Father wants us to enjoy the world He gave us, and to laugh...at each other and ourselves.

***

Notable Quote:

"What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul."--Yiddish proverb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward