Be Quiet!

Photo courtesy of Stacy N. Sergent
1 Thessalonians 4:11 (KJV) And that ye study to be quiet...


Recently, God has been pressing on me the concept of intimacy. Closeness with my Creator and Savior is a priority and a goal. I also crave intimacy with my family and The Hubster--true, close relationships. No holds barred.

In order to achieve this goal, I will need to get quiet. Shutting down the white noise of the world, work, electronic chaos and even the battle within has to happen.

Silence has never been my forte. When my mouth isn't open, my throat is humming. When I'm not busy purring a tune, a googolplex of thoughts plays dodgems in my brain. Quiet is an unknown entity.

I want to be ready to accept God's guidance, as well as His encouragement and admonition. My takeaways are intimacy and progress.

***

Notable Quote:

"Progress, not perfection."--A common phrase in 12-step programs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward