Ten Years of Female in Motion

Today is the tenth anniversary of the birth of this blog, Female in Motion. Every year on my birthday, my mom calls and tells me about the day I was born. So today, I will tell you about how I gave birth to this baby--my blog.

I had been a client at Curves for several years. Remember the circuit training exercise franchises for women? Anyway, my location closed down, but another gym took its place. They purchased all the old equipment from Curves and hired the employees.

When I went in to the grand opening, I was introduced to the owner. He mentioned that he was looking to build a social media presence and perhaps, a blog. One of the former Curves employees told him that I was a computer-savvy writer. He asked me to work out for a week at the new gym and write two sample blog posts. I did, and also set up a Facebook fan page for the business. He liked the writing and asked me to start a blog with the name of the gym: Female in Motion.

The business didn't last long, but here is the little blog that could...10 years later.

What started as an exercise blog, became a colorful patchwork of my faith, my words--and a whole lot of crazy. It's just who I am.

Here are a few stats:

564 posts in 10 years
Just under 74,000 all-time pageviews
Most viewed post: Post Mastectomy Post
Funniest post:  Nut Crackers, Nutcrackers, Nut Crackers
Most readers from the U.S., Russia, Germany and the U.K.
Joy is the subject I write about most often

Truly, I am grateful for every person who reads, who follows, who likes and for those who share. The fact that you take time out of your week brings me such happiness. You are a blessing and encouragement to me. I think I'll keep writing. Thanks, friends!

***

Precious Savior: As I mark this milestone, my prayer is that I can continue to bring words of joy, hope and encouragement. May I always be truthful and transparent; and listen to Your voice alone. Thank you for the privilege of this blog, and bless those who read it. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward