A Walk to Remember

Historic Ireland Hall, on the campus of Cowley College. Built in 1893.
Last Saturday, my mother, aunt and uncle came to my little hometown for a brief visit. We had a wonderful time, touring the town, lunching in a local restaurant and talking. One of the most memorable parts was when my aunt and I had a chance to walk along downtown by ourselves. As I showed her our beautiful wall murals, we talked about our darling husbands and close bond.

I have always been told that I take after my aunt. She is super fun, smart, quick-witted and friendly. If I do resemble her, I am honored. When we get together, we enjoy laughing, joking and generally cutting up. But every once in a while, we get serious. Those are precious times.

A close, intimate relationship with the Savior is something to savor, too. If you feel like you can share anything with Him, then you are truly blessed. In Genesis, Adam and Eve strolled the garden with God in the "cool of the day." The Bible speaks of a number of men who walked with the Lord.

The easiest way to get next to the Father is to press in close; spend time in His Word and prayer. Friends talk often and honestly. They share the real business of life.

I think it's about time I have a walk with my Friend.

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 86:10-11 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward