My God vs. The World's God

I've heard some really weird ideas that people have about God and what He likes and dislikes. Here's a few comparisons:

The world says God doesn't listen.
I know He loves to hear from me.

The world says hell will be a party. (It won't.)
I know God is preparing a beautiful place in heaven just for me.

The world says God has too many rules.
I know He has given me freedom like I've never known before.

The world says you have to be perfect before you walk into a church.
I know God loves me just as I am.

The world says God is intolerant.
I know the only thing God hates is sin--not sinners.

The world uses prayer like a genie in a bottle.
I know God will supply all my needs.

The world says that being a Christian is "too hard."
I know He gives me strength to face whatever challenges life gives.

The world says He disapproves of their lifestyle.
I know God loves all of us so much He sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins.

The world says they've done too many bad things to go to heaven.
I know God is knocking on heart's doors all over the world.

Instead of thinking of God as some kind of cosmic slot machine, why not get to know Him personally? He's thinking about you right now.

***

Notable Quote:

Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward