The Good Girl's Guide to Social Media

Last Friday night, we had a Princesses of the King party at Missionary Baptist Church. As you can see from the photo, the girls weren't the only ones to have a good time!

During the party, we had some time to talk to the young ladies about being a woman of faith. Jana talked about table manners, Patty shared some tips on hygiene and Melissa brought a lesson on modesty. After some videos, dress up time, pizza and manicures, the girls agreed this night was fun.

Since we all had a good time, I'm thinking about next year's agenda. So many young people are online now. They seem to be savvy about Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and all the others, but are they really?

The World Wide Web bears a striking resemblance to an Old West town with no sheriff. Lawlessness abides. Christian youngsters, and the not-so-young, need to think before they go online.

Before you post, tweet, pin, or leave a snarky comment, think about this:

1. Is it helpful?
2. Is it true?
3. Would God "like" it?

One thing I ask myself is, "Why do I want to post this?" When I take time to unpack my motives, the Holy Spirit has time to do His work.

More thoughts on this subject to come.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I was offline last night, because I spent the evening with my mom. We had a great visit and such fun hanging out together. I love my readers, but Mom time trumps blog time.  

***

Notable Quote:

 Philippians 4:8-9 (KJV)
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward