#RAKWeek2015

It's National Random Acts of Kindness Week! If you've never heard of it, here's the link.

Following are some ideas for service:

*Mentor someone
*Buy coffee for the person in line behind you 
*Bake brownies for your neighbors
*Tell your pastor thank you
*Buy something from a local store
*Volunteer in your community
*Pick up trash at a city park
*Buy lunch for a police officer/firefighter

And here is what I'm going to be working on:

1. A big smile and good morning to the front desk person at my office.
2. Send valentines cards to folks I know won't get one.
3. Pass out special treats to the kids at church on Sunday.
4. Send someone a check who isn't expecting it.

Also, I'm open to taking suggestions, if anyone has one, put a comment on this post, or message me on Facebook.

I want all of our children to see us making a difference in our communities and in the lives of others. Our example matters to them.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: After 10 days of super-strong Cipro, the sinus/ear/throat/bronchial infection has passed. In good news, I dropped eight pounds. What a way to go!

***

Notable Quote:

"You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say."—Martin Luther (1483-1546)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward