Thanksgiving Reflections: A Life-Changing Book

Have you ever read a book that literally changed your life? You know I'm a big fan of books. I love historical fiction, biographies, satire, humor, poetry, mysteries and novels of any variety. The books that have truly impacted my life, however, are extremely rare.

I have read and re-read To Kill A Mockingbird, Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, Great Expectations and Cannery Row. They are all beautiful and inspiring works, but the book that I never tire of, the book I crave daily...is the Bible.

Today is the International Day of the Bible, a global day of celebration of the Word, hosted by the National Bible Association. Take time to read about the origin of this event here.

Every time I open the scriptures, my heart is blessed with joy and hope, my mind is endowed with wisdom and knowledge, and my spirit is touched by His mercy and presence.

The Bible is God's love letter to His children. Open it, and allow His Word to impact your life.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I am looking forward to taking some time off this week, to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and enjoy some time of rest.

***

Notable Quote:

The first and almost the only book deserving universal attention is the Bible...the Bible is the book of all others, to be read at all ages, and in all conditions of human life.--John Quincy Adams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward