Thanksgiving Reflections: I'm A Turtle on a Fence Post

Isaiah 51:1-3 (KJV)
1 Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
2 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
3 For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. 


How did I get here? I'm a long way from the Derby girl who yearned to be a writer. I was a college dropout with two cancer bouts under my belt, living in small-town Kansas with no publishing connections. I am a turtle.

The Bible contains story after story about turtles. Did you miss them? Ruth, Esther and those crazy disciples are just a few examples of folks with humble beginnings. When used by God, these obedient servants became heroes of the faith.

The Hubster and I have been raised to a fence post of rich blessings and are grateful to our Savior that He used our terrapin tendencies for His glory. Our Heavenly Father has a calling for each one of us; tailor-made. He wants to increase you and bring you blessings.

I want my wilderness to resemble Eden; music and thanksgiving will be there. Are you a little more secure of your fence post perch now? Come on, join the turtle brigade!

(Inspiration for this post came from a Chuck Swindoll devotion, found here.)

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I have a nasty cold today, and a fever. As you know, I rarely get sick. Missing work is weird and completely un-fun. Hope to return to the land of the living tomorrow.

***

Notable Quote:

"When I was a schoolboy, we would occasionally see a turtle on a fence post, and when we did, we knew someone had put him there. He didn't get there by himself. That is how I see my own life. I'm a turtle on a fence post."--Dr. Robert Lamont

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward