Breast Cancer Awareness Month: The Rest of the Story


 Psalm 118:24 (KJV) This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.



When I was a kid, there was a radio presenter named Paul Harvey. He had a very distinct tone and cadence in his voice. Mr. Harvey provided interesting social commentary, and at the end would always say "...and now you know the rest of the story. Good day!"

My "rest of the story" is unfolding as I write. Breast cancer treatment was over for me in April 2013. It took six months after that to find my new normal. I went into a bit of a funk, guilty over my survival. When I emerged, something new struck me.

Every day is a gift. Some days, the box contains socks or underwear. Others are new shoes or a cute dress. Then there are the rarest of days, the diamond ring. When you look at each new day God gives you as a beautifully wrapped present, it changes how you approach it. I am grateful for sunrises, children's smiles, paid claims and hugs from The Hubster.

When was the last time you moo-ed at cows in a field, or rocked out to a great song on the radio?

Grab hold of your day and hug the stuffing out of it! God loves your wide-open heart.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: Life in our household is evolving. Marriage is full of seasons and this is a season of change for us. We are blessed.

***

Notable Quote:  


Optimists are nostalgic about the future. ~Chicago Tribune

Comments

The Rest of the Story is life moves on. We have the choice to embrace it or just sit on the sidelines. I chose to grab hold of every opportunity and run like the wind - just don't be down wind after a bean burrito.

Sounds like you are looking for a new hobby. Any ideas on what you want to try?
Ginny Marie said…
Ed always "neighs" at the cows in the field. Then the girls laugh and tell him, no, Daddy, those are cows! :)

I have heard recordings of Paul Harvey even though I'm younger than you are. He had a great voice for radio!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward