Summer of Simplicity: The Unplugged Day

I sat with one of my besties this evening, drinking an icy Sonic beverage and having a heart-to-heart talk. Realizing it had been weeks since we last had a conversation, I was happy to spend some quiet time with my dear friend, without any interruptions. Life goes by pretty fast, and the volume is turned up loud!

Considering the level of noise from media devices, traffic, neighbors and household appliances, a peaceful day devoid of the cacophony is much needed. The Hubster and I spent some quiet time last Saturday. We napped, watched old movies and stayed in. After two previous busy weekends, it was heavenly!

What would you do on a quiet day?

Turn off the TV

Read a book

Go to bed early 

Take a walk

Go on a picnic

Pray together

Make a bed island (My Saturday morning favorite!)


The best part of an unplugged day is the results; your shoulders relax a bit, you breathe deeper and slower and your energy levels soar. I love that my creative juices seem to flow better, too. What's your favorite way to recharge your batteries?

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I am developing a plan to keep my day more structured. It seems my motivation has got up and wandered off, so writing down a schedule has helped in the past. I'll keep you posted, friends!

***

Notable Quote:

Isaiah 32:18 (KJV)
And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward