What Do You Want to be Called?



John 14:6 (KJV)  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

 In the first century, Christianity was called "The Way." This phrase conjures up all kinds of imagery. Can you see a straight, clearly defined path in the middle of a tangled jungle?

I am a Christian. For me, it's more of a lifestyle, than just a label. I strive to live every day in service to the Savior. It's not something I put on and take off, like a jacket. My faith is tightly knit into my soul, my heart, my life.

We all wear labels. Whatever you want to be called...Christian, Christ Follower, Religious, Faithful...make sure you are a follower of The Way.


Matthew 3:3 (KJV) For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.





***


Female in Motion Health Update: I did two ten-minute disco aerobic sessions last week. It's so hard to fight against the depression, but I know that exercise is the way out of this abyss. I'm determined to fight!

***

Notable Quote:

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.--Khalil Gibran

Comments

" It's not something I put on and take off, like a jacket." That line is perfect. I think sometimes we only wear the christian label at church or at home around loved ones.

I will continue to keep you in our prayers. Chicago is nice place to visit this time of year. Ginny and I could meet up with you somewhere north of the city or better yet we could do a cupcake tour downtown.
Sounds heavenly! I am scheduled to be back at CTCA for scans and a checkup at the end of the month. I'll be sure to message you and we can set something up.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward