Do Hard Things

Chin ups are tough to do!
"I need help, Carol," the voice on the other end of the phone pleaded, "Can you come over, please?"

A dear friend from church had buried his beloved wife a few weeks before. He needed someone to help him sort through her extensive wardrobe of clothes, shoes and jewelry. As I helped him make piles to donate, give to family and distribute at church, he broke down.

I held his hand as sobs racked his frame. I made some tea and we talked and cried together. It was a hard day; one I will never forget. And I'm grateful to God for the lesson He taught me. Doing the right thing is sometimes doing a hard thing, and our Heavenly Father rewards the effort.

A disciple is a student of Jesus Christ. There is a difference between being a Christian and being a disciple. Going to church on Sunday morning and saying grace before dinner is merely scratching the surface. There comes a point where I must become intentional in my actions.


God chose you to be a disciple.


Will you model Christ for others? Will you grow in prayer, doctrine and relationship with God? 

Disciples, is there a new Christian you know who could use wise counsel? Take that child of God under your wing and share your life experiences. They'll grow in Christ and you'll learn leadership. Time is never wasted when it is invested in a soul. 

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I am having some success with cutting back my work hours. I'm down to three nights per week and I only worked four hours last weekend--total. Insomnia is giving me fits the last week or so. I will work on being more intentional about sleep!
 

***

Notable Quote:

 We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.--John F. Kennedy, from a speech given on 9/12/1962

Comments

God bless you for doing the hard things obediently and for encouraging others! I pray you will regain your strength and be able to have a good night's sleep!
Thanks for your comment, Nancy! I pray God blesses you with a wonderful day.
What a beautiful gift you gave your friend. It takes someone with great strength to help a friend sort though their beloved's clothes.

I wish I could bottle my kids' energy and send it to you. One ounce could last an adult for weeks! Send lots of healthy vibes your way.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward