What's My Job?

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
As we mark the unofficial end of summer, I am pleased to finish this Biblical blog exposition.  This is the eighth and final entry in the I Thessalonians 5:16-23 series. I love digging in to God's Word and finding the gold meant just for me, and hope you've enjoyed it, too.

Tonight's verse is a perfect fit for this Labor Day holiday. In order to be "preserved blameless" when the Lord sees fit to call me home, I have a job to do. What's my job?

*To spread the Gospel
*To prepare myself and others for Christ's return
*To serve God
*To glorify Him

There's nothing I can do to earn my ticket to Heaven. Salvation is a gift and I'm incredibly grateful to God for His love. Because I am beholden to Him, I want to take as many people with me as possible. The immeasurable joy I have in my heart, I want everyone to experience.

The God of peace has sanctified me; set me apart. My desire to represent Jesus is compelling. He has done incredible things with my life. I simply must share. This kind of work is the best job I've ever had and my Boss is heavenly.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I had a Doppler ultrasound test on my legs last week. It was negative for blood clots. That's a good thing. Next week, I'll have a test for nerve conduction in my feet and legs. Physical therapy is on Tuesdays and Fridays. Please pray I'll be able to walk and exercise without pain.

***

Notable Quote:

"If a man cannot be a Christian in the place he is, he cannot be a Christian anywhere."--Henry Ward Beecher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward