God is There


Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.--St. Francis of Assisi, 13th century


These words were set to music in the 1970s, and my vocal music instructor in Junior High School assigned us the task of singing this 12-page concerto by Mary McDonald. It was an ambitious piece for a group of awkward adolescents. We gave it our all, though, and it was well received. 

I have always kept the words to this beautiful poem tucked away in my heart. It strengthens me when I'm weak and shares my joy when my soul soars. It is truly a prayer for encouragement; no wonder it speaks to me. I can feel Him so close to me when I repeat the lines.

God is there. He is our soft place to fall. He gives us everything we need. Where there is pain, sorrow, anger, depression, joy, hope, peace…God is there.


***
                                            Don't forget to enter my great giveaway!

                                     30 DAYS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
                                      WITH FEMALE IN MOTION!!!

The winner of this giveaway receives 30 days of personal encouragement from me, consisting of:

*A daily email with personalized words of encouragement, Scripture and prayer.
*Weekly, 30-minute, in-person or Skype sessions with Female in Motion for one month (depending on your location in relation to me!)

All you have to do to enter is email me at: femaleinmotion@gmail.com before midnight on Sunday, September 22, 2013. Although I will publicly announce the name of the winner, no content of personal conversations will ever be released.

What could be better than having your own personal encourager for 30 days?

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update:  I changed physical therapists and what a difference it has made! I'm making forward progress and have a lot of hope for my future. I will be walking, exercising and moving without pain soon, I'm sure. The work is not painful and I'm really enjoying getting to know my talented therapist, Michelle.

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 150:1-6 (KJV)
1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
It is a beautiful poem, and I believe I sang it in one of my choirs as well!

I'm glad you are not in as much pain with your new therapist!
Thanks, Ginny Marie! I just love prayers set to music.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward