Our Days Are Numbered



Psalm 90:12 (KJV) So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.


My daughters tease me. Every New Year's Day, I sit with my old calendar and my new one, transferring all the birthdays, anniversaries and important dates to remember. It's a ritual I have practiced for decades, marking the passage of time.

People ask me, "How do you remember my birthday, every year?"

"Easy," I say, "It's on the calendar."

When I was a child, every year on my birthday, I received a card from a very special person. Mrs. McConnell was a very old woman, who had been my mother's landlady, at one time. She and I shared a birthday. Mrs. McConnell wrote kind words on the card, about her hopes and dreams for my life. I counted on that card being in the mailbox every February 22. It made me feel special and important.

That's why I keep my calendar so diligently. I want the people in my life to feel every bit as special and important. Time passes by so quickly. It's vital to remind your friends and family how grateful you are to God, for the blessing of them in your life. Take a moment and celebrate!

***

If you want to know my calendar secret, go to: http://www.cozi.com/. It's awesome scheduling software I use every single day. It keeps all our appointments, important dates and even has shopping lists. There's a smart phone app, too.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I am into week #2 of radiation treatments at the Winfield Cancer Center. I'm feeling good and building strength. I've even dropped three pounds of steroid weight. Hooray! The fatigue and neuropathy from chemo are slowly receding, just a little every day.

***

Notable Quote:

"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of."--Charles Richards, American author

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
I love getting birthday cards from my aunts! I just started using Cozi a couple of months ago...my husband and I love having a central calendar we can both look at and add dates to!
Glad you like Cozi, too, Ginny Marie! My favorite part is my mom and daughters have access to it, as well, so they can see what we're up to.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward